April is Car Care Month, a time of the year to really pay attention to your car’s needs and make sure everything is running smoothly and effectively. One of the most important parts in any vehicle is that of the engine that keeps it running.
To guide you this month, we’ve put together a short list of battery maintenance tips:
- Remember that overcharging, and undercharging can contribute to the battery’s decay over time. Try to avoid these behaviors as much as possible.
- Park in a garage over the winter instead of outside, which will keep the engine from getting too cold.
- Keep the engine clean by removing the clamps and wiping away grease, dirt and oxidation.
- Make sure your battery is secure in its spot by keeping the battery tray clean and occasionally checking up on its position.
- And of course – have a professional check out your entire car routinely to spot anything you may have missed.
Do you have any other great car engine maintenance tips? Let us know what you think in the comments.